London Lightning – London, ON October 2016 – Present
▪ Public Relations Intern: assisted in all aspects of game day operations including merchandise set up and sales, engaging fans to sign up for contests, ensuring contests ran as planned with participants, assisted Dance Pack with cues and give away items, responsible to call season ticket holders and build connections.
▪Explored creatively with Adobe Photoshop daily, successfully met deadlines to ensure game day roster packs were created and updated, photos for social media, and client ads.
▪ Worked as part of a team to ensure game operations was successful as well as managed independent office time to ensure all tasks are complete.
Fanshawe Athletics – London, ON September 2015 – Current
▪PR-Bulletin boards: Responsible for weekly upkeep of 18 boards throughout Fanshawe with posters of upcoming home games and other athletic department events. Keeping boards clean of staples so it does not look messy and unorganized. Ensuring varsity events and intermural events are separated and easy to see.
▪Available for all athletics staff when need help or assistance to get jobs done. Put together yearly team packages for welcome meetings, full of important documents and information for athletes.
Rogers TV – London and Stratford, ON September 2015 – April 2016
▪As a partner with the TV News program at Fanshawe College helped create weekly news show – Fanshawe Learns – about local London news, events and happenings. Successfully adapted to new roll weekly – Anchor, News Reporter, Health Reporter, Sports Reporter, Graphics, News Director.
▪Intern with Rogers TV Stratford – responsible for multi-camera editing episodes of regular show. Successfully researched, planned, filmed and edited 2 mini-docs on important, local topic.
▪Efficient in Avid and Final Cut for editing. Familiar with ENG cameras, script writing, lighting and sound equipment.
▪Fast paced, detail oriented work required to plan, organize, film, edit and do on camera reporting or each story created on a deadline.
Four Point Basketball – Toronto, Barrie, Belleville, Kingston July 2012 – Present
▪Assistant Director: Responsible for creating daily schedule and activity plans for week long basketball camps. Build encouraging, supportive relationships with campers and parents to ensure positive camp environment and return campers.
▪Communicate personal basketball knowledge to youth through simple break down drills and situational examples. Ensure drills and explanations are simple and easily understood.
▪ Use leadership skills to lead by example while being a supportive, encouraging coach to keep kids engaged while learning new skills and movements.
CJCS/107.7 – Stratford, ON February – June 2012 & May – September 2015
▪ Weekend day shift on adult contemporary station. Researched very local show prep targeted to the desired demographic of the Stratford area.
▪Tasked to record and input overnight weather voice tracks, transfer ‘on location’ calls to air, broadcast live local church mass, record and input local obituaries, host local band live in-studio performance and interview.
▪Successfully completed co-op placement under Eddie Matthews (2012). Independently researched and recorded voice tracks for evening and weekend shifts.
Fanshawe College • Public Relations Post Grad + Falcons Women’s Basketball • September 2016 – Current
Fanshawe College • TV News Post Grad + Falcons Women’s Basketball • September 2015 – April 2016
Fanshawe College • Radio Broadcasting + Falcons Women’s Basketball • September 2013 – April 2015
St. Michael Secondary School • September 2008 – January 2013
Awards and Achievements
- Les Zoltai Award Recipient, Fanshawe College for dedication, leadership and accidemics – 2015-16 Season
- OCAA West Division 2nd team All-Star
- CCAA Academic All-Canadian 2015-16 Season
- Dean’s Honour Role – Fanshawe College – 2014, 2015, 2016,2017
- Fanshawe Falcons’ WBB 2015-16 Season MVP
- John (RJ) Beaumont Falcon’s Spirt Award 2014/15 Recipient
- OCAA All Academic 2014/15, 2015/216
- CCAA National Scholar Award 2014/15, 2015/16
- Peter Garland, Jesse’s Journey Community Involvement Award 2014/15
- Sales Rep and Radio Broadcaster of the Year Nominee 2014/15
- High School Honour Roll – 4 years
- Stratford Female Athlete of the Year – 2012
- Optimism Place Women of the Year – Sports and Recreation – 2012
- John Cameron Award (dedication, work ethic etc. in school sports) – 2012,2011, 2010
- Student Athlete – 2008 – present at Fanshawe College.
Volunteer and Involvement
- OneRun volunteer – June 2014, 2015, 2016
- High School basketball assistant coach 2012 – 2013
- Four Point Basketball Camp Counselor 2013 – present
- Stratford Relay for Life
- Scorekeeper for High School Basketball Tournaments 2013 – 2017
- Hockey Coach 2010 – 2013
- High school basketball coach 2012 – 2014
References available upon request.